Monday, October 22, 2012

this is how you keep her

Friday night I left work late and headed straight down H street to attend Supafrik for a great Friday outing.  After checking out the clothes, some art (including pieces by Stan Squirewell) and noshing on food by fojol bros (follow them on twitter if you like - over 12,000 people already do!) at Gallery O on H - I left with a smile on face and the ride home didn't seem quite so long.  I love the brick, white lights and hanging hardware of O on H.  They want to rent their space more so if you're looking for somewhere to hold a reception/party in Washington, DC you should check them out!

Saturday I checked out the Op Shop (so many treasures!), played some frisbee and met up with friends at Old Glory for drinks and dancing - my abs are still sore!  After Ruhi on Sunday I said bon voyage to a dear friend at District of Pi who leaves today for a year in Afghanistan.  It's such a blessing to be surrounded (emotionally and physically :) by treasure troves of sweet friends.

This past week the leaves truly peaked here in DC (though maybe even better is yet to come??) and we're in the home stretch for the first part of Abdoulaye's K-1 fiancé visa process - who knows what news this week will bring!  Tonight Cassie and I are going to check out Junot Diaz at Sixth & I - I feel a good week ahead, how about you?

Chinedu and Dingo.  Rad guys at a rad event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...